1. We go over the difference between the two engine types.
2. We go over which engine type is most efficient and why.
3. We show the strengths and weaknesses of both types.
1. Belts are cheaper but won’t last as long as chains.
2. Chains are harder to replace.
3. Belt Driven engines are way more common now.
4. If you have to replace a component within the timing mechanism, avoid changing the timing because it makes the job way more complicated.
All of us either do this for a job or a hobby so we deal with both types of engines everyday.
We would’ve picked something easier to work on as a group. We learned after doing this project that this process is much simpler in the industry.
We are proud that we got this done during COVID-19 quarantine and we came together as a group to get the project done.
Students and administrators at Butler Tech can submit their projects to us for inclusion on the website. Please only submit projects with appropriate content and that are clearly documented with instructions and outlines, including photos and other references to help readers.